Wednesday 6 June 2012

Risotto with butternut squash, peas, broccoli, chilli & garlic.

IMG_1374

I love risottos – so filling and easy to make SW friendly.  This one is also yummy with bacon added.

Risotto with butternut squash, peas, broccoli, chilli & garlic

Ingredients:

1 onion

1 or 2 cloves of garlic, crushed

Butternut squash (cut up small so it cooks quickly)

Chilli (I use a little bit of the Lazy Chilli in a jar – I always end up with chilli in my eye if I try and use fresh ones!)

Arborio rice (I think I use about 250g when making it for 2 of us)

Chicken or vegetable stock (about 1 litre)

Peas

Tenderstem broccoli

60g parmesan (for 2 people)

Method:

Chop an onion and soften in a pan with Frylight and a little bit of water to stop it sticking.

Add garlic, chilli & butternut squash.

Add the rice and stir for a minute or so, then add a little bit of stock and stir while the rice absorbs it.

Keep adding more stock and stirring until the rice is cooked (about 20mins), adding the peas and broccoli for the last few mins. Season.

Stir in some grated parmesan (you might not need the whole 60g, parmesan goes a long way!)

Jen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment